How BIM Software Reduces the Environmental Impacts of Construction
There’s no other way to say it: Construction is a wasteful endeavor. In fact, the construction industry is responsible for a jaw-dropping 50% of the solid waste generated worldwide.
- Blog Post
- June 2019
- Pekka Moilanen
More Accurate Design Estimates
Opportunities for Prefabrication
Digitalization of Construction Documents
After years of writing about modular construction, I’m happy to report that this innovative building method is finally making its mark on the global construction industry. But even as modular becomes more accepted in some markets, its popularity still varies widely from region to region.
With permanent modular construction (or PMC), you build with modules, so you spend 90% of the pre-construction time in the design and submittal phase. Of the remaining 10%, up to 95% can be completed in a factory-controlled setting. This makes the actual time on the job site extremely brief compared to traditional builds, but there are 5 crucial steps that need to be taken to make the construction process a success.
To avoid mistakes that can both cost you time and blow your budget, construction firms are focusing more and more on impactful pre-construction practices. Before even breaking ground, meticulous plans are put into place to keep your project on track from start to finish.